Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH troubles
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:42:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 01:20:36PM -0600, Steven Barker wrote:
> Another possiblility is to wait for after woody releases and lobby for
> complete abandonment of the /usr/X11R6 hierarchy in Debian. Brandon's
> not opposed to it,

That's true.  Me neither! :)  This is by far the best solution right now.
If we get a binutils with runpath support, that will work fine, too.  But
that will take some time, I guess :-/

> I suppose a third, and perhaps the most hurdish possibility would be to
> use shadowfs to make the /X11R6 hierarchy appear to be on top of the
> stuff in / ....

That might just work... when we have a correct and stable shadowfs :)
(be sure to direct write access to the real /lib then).

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de