tarfs implementation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: tarfs implementation
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:39:05 +0100

Hi,

Several people have recently talked about the potential security risks implied
by the use of a tarfs server. Since this is a quite famous example, I'm
wondering: has anyone already started implementing it? If not, I would be
interested in trying to dive into it (even though I actually don't know much
about tar, while Thomas Bushnell has been involved in its development,
right?).

>From what I've read about libdiskfs and libstore, I believe this kind of
translators should be implemented using libdiskfs (moreover libstore can
handle gzip/bzip stores which would be rather convenient).

Thanks,
Ludovic.