kernel-panic when (eg.) ftp'ing

From: Nicolas Guilbert
Subject: kernel-panic when (eg.) ftp'ing
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:38:25 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

I'm having some trouble downloading "large" files over the network.  When
making an ftp get on files larger than say 50K, the kernel panics. It's
hard to be more specific given the shortness of the message. If it has any
relevance, copying large files within the filesystem works fine.
Also, how do I remount the filesystem rw without having to reboot (fsck
has a -w switch, however fsck -w -t ext2 /dev/hd0s3 doesn't work)?

thanks

 Nicolas