Re: Improving Hurd

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: Improving Hurd
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:19:03 +0200

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 08:27:48PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> Why? The Hurd is not Mach, or L4, it is just a bunch of translators and is
> quite independent of Mach.

(nitpick-mode 1)
It's a bunch of servers, most of them being translators.

> Personally, I couldn't care if we dethrone "the Evil reign", push Linux and
> Solaris back or whatever.  The goal is and was to bring the missing piece
> to the GNU project.  And I think that we have done a great job.

I always thought the goal was world liberation. My goal is,
however. Besides that I just hack for fun.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org