Re: Improving Hurd

From: Jan Atle Ramsli
Subject: Re: Improving Hurd
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 16:31:15 +0200

"Ryan M. Golbeck" wrote:

> Jan Atle Ramsli <trollet@skynet.be> writes:
>
> > .. with the purpose of _____?
>
> How could we know?  You are the one doing it.  I learned all those
> theoretical buzz words in first year of Unversity too.  Maybe you
> should try doing something before complaining.

I do not want to hijack the Hurd for my own dark purposes.
I am 42 years old, I am not looking impress the girls.

.. etc.

There is only one possibility, by method of elimination:

I try to find a way to contribute.

I can _not_ start hacking on a module that I do not understand the
purpose behind.
Something may be about to be dropped, something may be create by someone
with knowledge-level that exceeds my own to such a degree that I will
have to read one or more books to even start reading the code, etc.
If you learned something in your first year of university, you know
_exactly_ what I mean.

Now I get the kind of response I expected.

See you in a while.

Atle