Re: mach kernel boot messages & pfinet configuration

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: mach kernel boot messages & pfinet configuration
Date: 22 Apr 2002 15:49:36 +0200

* Grant Bowman writes:
> If you look in the file /info/hurd.info-1.gz in the node titled
> "Invoking serverboot" it describes what I'm talking about, but it's
> a mute point now.

You probably got confused a bit then, the serverboot method is obsolete,
and the multiboot method should be used, someone should update the manual.

>> You could check the GNUMach source code and see if this card is
>> supported to begin with.

> Yes, the DE-220 is supported by the ne.c driver in
> gnumach-20011013/linux/src/drivers/net/ne.c and is an #ifdef in that
> file as SUPPORT_NE_BAD_CLONES.  One of the reasons I got this model
> is that even though it's PCI it is a very standard NE2000 clone that
> should run in just about any computer.

I see, you could try the oskit branch of GNUMach where it uses the drivers
that are located in OSKit, and see if that will work.  There will be a change
to using OSKit in the near future and any hacking on the old branch shouldn't
be done.  Search the archives if you want more information about oskit and
the oskit-branch of GNUMach...

--
Alfred M. Szmidt