Hurd FS hierarchy in FHS.

From: Gerhard Muntingh
Subject: Hurd FS hierarchy in FHS.
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:09:28 +0200

I'm sorry to spoil the pleasure, but I don't think there's
reason to include the recent proposed GNU addition to the
FHS.

The FHS is out there to document the _similarities_ between
UNIX distributions, not their _differences_.
Also, how would you feel if FHS included sections for
BeOS, QNX, MacOS or other (revolutionary) operating systems.

How about making the GNU FHS an extension to the current
(LSB) FHS.

I do support the changes which make the FHS more independant
of linux, such as not using /lib/modules/.

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but I was too lazy to read
the entire thread.

Gerhard.