Re: Running several instances of an fs server...

From: Niels Möller
Subject: Re: Running several instances of an fs server...
Date: 27 May 2002 11:20:26 +0200

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> nisse@lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:
>
> > It might make sense to add some sort of signaling that could be usewd
> > to tell the read-only filesystem server that the data has changed
> > below it. Would be useful in this special case, but a more common use
> > would be read-only removable media (i.e. cd:s).
>
> This is what the --update option is for.

How is that used? I was thinking of some "signal" that underlying
device (or store) can send to the file system translator. After all,
the device is probably the component that have the best chance of
detecting changes.

Or perhaps the general change notification mechanism can handle that
already?

Regards,
/Niels