Re: OSKit mach w/St Pats

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: OSKit mach w/St Pats
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:13:06 -0700 (PDT)

 Look back in the bug-hurd archives to around st. Pats day.

--- Derek L Davies <ddavies@ddavies.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried to build OSKit-Mach using a locally built St
> Patrick's day OSKit (ie not a prebuilt OSKit)?  It would be great if
> someone wanted to post a synopsis of what they did -- the last time I
> looked at what doc was available it left me guessing.  I don't mind
> that so much, but there were two basic questions that I did not want
> to guess about:
>
>   - What is the label to use when getting OSKit-Mach from CVS?  Better
>     yet, what is the exact command?

Oskit-mach is the mainline cvs for gnumach now.

>   - What configure options did you use to configure OSKit-Mach to
>     build against your local OSKit tree?  Was cross compilation
>     involved?
>
> Even if you tried and were unsuccessful it's still useful to me to
> hear about what went wrong.
>
> I am still hacking on the random pool for OSKit and sometimes think it
> would be good to try it under OSKit-Mach, so that I can see how the
> interfaces work there.  Right now I only have an OSKit example kernel
> that I've made up and I'm not quite sure if I'm using stuff that is
> properly internal to OSKit.  I'm thinking that by using the random
> pool interfaces from another system it will clear up some questions I
> have that haven't been anwsered on the oskit-users list.
>
> Thanks,
> Derek

 It would be cool to have a random pool.  My oskit-mach kernel I used since St.
Pats day.  However, I stopped using it two days ago because of some weird
hardware failure.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU