Re: mboxfs, the mailbox filesystem

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: mboxfs, the mailbox filesystem
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:56:04 -0700

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 02:25:57PM +0200, Ludovic Court?s wrote:

> I have written over the past months a new translator called
> mboxfs. Mboxfs is a very useful translator that allows any user to
> "mount" his mailbox. Mboxfs uses libnetfs and creates a directory
> hierarchy that represents the contents of the mailbox; it uses parts
> of Mutt in order to parse mailboxes. So, if you want to browse your
> mailbox in an original way, you can get it at
> http://people.type-z.org/ludo/hurd . ;)

I haven't looked at your code, but perhaps consider basing this on GNU
Mailutils - that way it would support mbox, pop3, imap4, and
eventually every mailbox format under the sun (blatent plug for people
wanting to write maildir support goes here)

Tks,
jeff Bailey

--
There is *no way* users will understand the distinction unless they
become proficient X programmers, or crack-smoking window manager