Re: GNU under emulator

From: Oystein Viggen
Subject: Re: GNU under emulator
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:50:20 +0200

* [Christophe AUGIER]

> I've installed the hurd under bochs and it is awful. It's really too
> slow to do something with and i've encountered a lot of problems during
> the installation. (Athlon 700MHz)

As bochs is full PC emulation, it will be slow, but at least it's
working, right?  ;)

I really recommend a real PC for running GNU/Hurd, and for any other
kind of OS development, and I think the Hurd developers will agree.
Dual boot works, and computers that are faster than bochs come real
cheap, anyway.

Oystein
--
If it ain't broke, don't break it.