Re: Re: Examples in Hurd Hacking Guide not working

From: James Joseph
Subject: Re: Re: Examples in Hurd Hacking Guide not working
Date: 27 Sep 2002 09:11:32 -0000

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 Marcus Brinkmann wrote :
On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 04:56:17AM -0000, James  Joseph wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a Hurd H4 system, which i recently upgraded (using the long > version of the instructions given by Marcus) to hurd-20020804. > The system seemed to be working fine. But when i use the included > gcc-3.0 compiler to compile one of the first examples in The Hurd > Hacking Guide, it does not execute as expected. The function > io_read(...) used to read the specified file into a buffer is
> reading zero bytes!

What size of file does it get from io_readable?

io_readable(...) is returning the correct size of the file specified at command line, i am printing out the value of 'amount' here to make sure, and it is ok. After this, the io_read(...) executes without any errors, but amount is set to 0(&amount is passed as argument and i am assuming that returns the no. of bytes read. (i guess that means 0 bytes read) The size of the file is thus being calculated correctly, but the reading isn't taking place.

James

Thanks,
Marcus

--