Re: store_set_size (patch)

From: Jeff Bailey
Subject: Re: store_set_size (patch)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:11:52 -0700

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 08:00:45PM +0200, Ludovic Courths wrote:

> Ok. I didn't expect the process to be this complicated actually. ;)
> I thought that the top line of the files which says "copyright FSF"
> would just be enough.

The US legal system is ugly *and* evil, and they require us to fill
out forms that legally give the FSF possesion of all the GNU code you
write.

It's a bit of a pain to do, but it means that the FSF could fight in
court in the event of a copyright violation.  Otherwise, all of the
developpers have to get together to fight it in court themselves.

Tks,
jeff Bailey

--
learning from failures is nice in theory...
but in practice, it sucks :)