Re: gnumach aha152x SCSI controller detection.

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: gnumach aha152x SCSI controller detection.
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 19:29:58 +0200

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:45:39PM -0400, Clemmitt Sigler wrote:
> I rebuilt gnumach-1.3 with --enable-aha152x (among a number of
> others :^).  Everything gets detected properly and works (thanks
> to the gnumach and Hurd developers), except my el cheapo SCSI card.
> I've set my card to the default settings, I/O 0x340, IRQ 11, but on
> booting I get the "scsi : 0 hosts." message.
>
> This card is detected properly using an old and a new version of Tom's
> Root/Boot.  The old one uses a module, while the new one has the driver
> built into the kernel requiring the `aha152x=0x340' option be passed
> to the kernel.
>
> I checked the gnumach-1.3 tree for info but the gnumach.texi entry
> wasn't any more help.  I'm sure I'm missing something very simple
> like how to pass info to the gnumach kernel when it boots.  I naively
> tried the same thing as works with Linux, but no soap.  TIA for any
> help.

There is no way to pass infos to the drivers at run time.  You could try
diddling gnumach-1.3/linux/dev/drivers/scsi/aha152x.c, for example by
defining SETUP0 instead AUTOCONF for the #ifdef MACH case.  Or you could
change the parameters in aha152x_setup, but they look like the defaults you
give above.

Maybe the driver in Mach is just way too old, and it will only work for you
with OSKit in GNU Mach 2.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de