DHCP w/ tarball installs

From: Tom Hart
Subject: DHCP w/ tarball installs
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:54:44 -0500

Is it possible to set up the network with DHCP on a Debian GNU/Hurd installation generated from a tarball from alpha.gnu.org, or must I install from the Debian CD's to get this working? I've RTFM'd, but neither Neal's install guide nor the GNU Hurd User's Guide and Reference Manual makes any mention of this. All I can find is,

# settrans -fgap /servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 \
  -a a.b.c.d -g e.f.g.h -m i.j.k.l

Which assumes a static IP address.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)

--
Tom Hart
hartte13@brandonu.ca