Re: DHCP w/ tarball installs

From: Grant Bowman
Subject: Re: DHCP w/ tarball installs
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:55:34 -0700

* Manu Valderrama <cp46tan@hotpop.com> [021008 15:10]:

> >Which assumes a static IP address.
> >
> >Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :-)
>
> Tell me if this have worked for you ( since it has worked for me ).
> Good Luck!

Hello Manuel and Tom,

Thanks Manuel for this walk-through.  It will help other users work
around this temporary DHCP deficiency.

I inquired about DHCP awhile ago.  The real solution to this problem is
to port a real DHCP client.  That would be one of the Debain binary
packages dhcp-client, pump, udhcpc or some other client.

Herbert Xu (Pump maintainer) told me that to operate correctly, pump
uses the AF_PACKET interface which is only present in 2.2.

Anyone else know the status of getting these compiled and functional?

--
-- Grant Bowman                                <grantbow@grantbow.com>