Re: concerning installation of hurd;request from Norway

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: concerning installation of hurd;request from Norway
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 00:20:29 +0200

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:36:51AM +0300, Ognyan Kulev wrote:
> Please use Hurd J2.  I think it's the first CD set with (unreleased)
> Hurd 0.3 interfaces.  This means that all present and future binaries
> will not work on earlier (< J2) Hurd installations.

This is not what it means.  Only the Hurd, glibc, and a couple of other
programs (gdb, start-stop-daemon in dpkg) are affected.  It is just quite
cumbersome to update glibc and the Hurd at the same time in this situation.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/