server type check failure

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: server type check failure
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 22:11:34 +0100

Hi,

I recently recompiled libnetfs in order to have debugging symbols in it (the
one I was using came from the .deb).  It resulted in unappropriate behaviours
of netfs servers: an "ls" in /dev/vcs would show nothing, and io calls on
another server returned "(ipc/mig) server type check failure".

Since there have been AFAIK no interface changes since the Hurd 0.3 package, I
didn't expect to have such problems.  Perhaps this has something to do with
library dependencies (I might need to recompile other libs).  Any idea?

Thanks,
Ludovic.