Re: X blocks terminal and hangs

From: David Walter
Subject: Re: X blocks terminal and hangs
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 14:14:28 -0500

Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> writes:

> X is continously failing on my system. Everytime i run it,
> my screen gets blank and i'm unable to kill it with
> keyboard commands.

> The system is, however, responsive and i'm able to
> access it through rlogin [1] [2], kill X and/or
> attach GDB to it.
>
> I'll try to provide all the useful debugging information
> is at my hand. You can see my XF86Config-4 and XFree86.0.log
> at: http://khazad.dyndns.org/gnu/xfree86/

Referencing your configuration file, I have the following:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "Pointer"
        Protocol "osmouse"
        Device "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

You have
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "osmouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

But No:
Section "Pointer"
        Protocol "osmouse"
        Device "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

HTH.

--
pub  1024D/DC92AE30 2002-02-26 David Walter <dwalter@syr.edu>
fingerprint = 50A0 E513 732D 1D0F BD26  C84E A8DD 9D80 DC92 AE30