Re: IP setting and GCC questions

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: IP setting and GCC questions
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:09:55 +0100

   1. How do I set IP permanently under GNU/HURD?
      I see that there is no /etc/network/ directory (as in Debian GNU+Linux)
      Somebody told me to use "settrans + ...", but it barfed on me.

This is answered in the install guide.  See http://hurd.gnu.org

   2. Just installed gcc with apt-get install gcc.
      But it won't compile a simple helloworld test program.
      It complained about things in various include files. (_THROW?)

apt-get install libc0.3-dev hurd-dev

Maybe that will pull in all the dependecies?