Re: Sistema de archivos.

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Sistema de archivos.
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 03:25:17 +0100

Hello,

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:39:08PM -0300, Edgardo Escobar wrote:
> Estiamdos seƱores:
> me dirijo a ustedes para solicitarles ayuda en el sigueinte tema: tengo un
> disco rigido de 8 GB que esta particionado en una de 1 Gb y otra de 7 GB
> supuestamente era de un sistema UNIX. al tratar demontarlo en mi linux como
> ext2 me da error, se me ocurrio ver de que tipo era el FS y el disco tenia en
> la particion de 1GB us FS DOS lo monte y pude ver solo una carpeta vacia que
> se llamaba COREL y la otra particion er de tipo GNU HURD necesito extraer de
> este disco la informacion o bien conseguir el SO para poder verla me podrian
> orientar en que hacer.

Please note this list is in english, if you don't understand english well tell
me and i'll respond you privately in castillian -- no problem. Also note this
is offtopic and we generaly won't provide support for this sort of stuff.

As pointed in the FAQ section 2.4
(http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/faq.en.html#q2-4), the "GNU HURD" partition
type is a confusion and has nothing to do with the Hurd or the GNU OS.

To find out the filesystem type, i suggest you grab a small portion of
the partition, like this:

  dd if=/dev/hdXY of=/tmp/fs bs=32k count=1

then identity it with gnu file

  file /tmp/fs

Currently there isn't any filesystem that is only supported by GNU/Hurd,
but if you want to try the GNU anyway you're welcome to ;)

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

                Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)