Re: Translated Hurd-Install-Guide

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Translated Hurd-Install-Guide
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:14:56 +0100

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 07:06:35AM +0100, Oliver Beck wrote:
> i have translate the Hurd-Installation-Guide from Neal H. Walfield
> to german so this post is writing in german, sorry :)

I am just happy the guy who translated it into Japanese didn't do the
same...

> Also, wie oben zu lesen, hab ich besagtes Uebersetzt. 99% zumindest.
> In Zeile 77 ist der Begriff 'backing store' zu finden, den ich nicht
> richtig uebersetzen konnte. Konnte nur 'Seitenwechselspeicher' finden,
> was es mit Sicherheit nicht sein soll. Vielleicht hat jemand einen Tip.

The backing store is the data storage that is underlying to the filesystem
(ie, it is backing the filesystem).  This is a detail that doesn't need to
be reflected in the translation.  Datenspeicher would probably sufffice, but
inconveniently you don't quote any context.

> Desweiteren befinden sich in Zeile 79 bis 82 und in Zeile 130
> Saetze, die ich auch nicht richtig uebersetzen konnte.

We are way too lazy to look up lines ;)

> Ich wuerde mich ueber Fehlerberichtigungen und dergleichen freuen.

There are enough Hurd hackers here who speak German.  Maybe Wolfgang or
Moritz can take a look?

> Noch 'ne Frage. Ist es i.O., wenn ich 'translator' mit Uebersetzer
> uebersetze, oder soll ich das lieber in translator belassen?

I think it is ok.  Usually I translate it and give the original the first
time the word comes up.  blabla Übersetzer (engl.: Translator) bla blub bla.

Danke,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/