Re: Dates of LSM

From: Ludovic Pénet
Subject: Re: Dates of LSM
Date: 27 Apr 2003 16:11:51 +0200

> I think it is not possible to change the dates now, but I just wanted
> to make sure you are aware of the fact that the dates "collision"
> appears to be a problem more than a strength.
I think that insisting on problems is not the right way to work. You are
talking about community life, etc. I also think that the best way to
preserve this life would be to have speakers for full days in one or the
other place. If it is not, people will have at least the possibility to
hear of others work. You can also choose to concentrate kernel topic on
one or two days.

So, yes, it is a problem. If it was not with LinuxTag, it would have
been with something else (the week before is the O'Reilly conference,
for instance); there are lots of events in that period. There will
always be something wrong and we will have to live with it.

If you think that this problem is so big that organising a kernel topic
is impossible and you think that concentrating everything in Germany
would be better, please tell. We are - of course - interested in all
topics, but not at any cost. I prefer a good kernel topic in Germany
than an average one in France and Germany.

Sincerely,

Ludovic