Re: OSKit error

From: Luis Araujo
Subject: Re: OSKit error
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 23:56:05 -0500 (CDT)

 --- Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg> escribió: >
Luis Araujo wrote:

> > Im trying to compile OSKit on freebsd, but
> everytime i
> > use make comes up the following error:
> >
> > In file included from
> base_irq_softint_handler.c:18:
> > support.h:65: syntax error before "size_t"
> > support.h:66: syntax error before "size_t"
> > support.h:67: syntax error before "size_t"
> > support.h:68: syntax error before "size_t"
> > support.h:69: syntax error before "size_t"
> > support.h:71: syntax error before "size_t"
> > gmake[1]: *** [base_irq_softint_handler.o] Error 1
>
> What version of FreeBSD is that and what GCC
> compiler it uses?

Im using GCC 3.2.1 on FreeBSD 5.0 RELEASE....

I unset the option:

### ---  OSKit-on-UNIX support libraries.
#unix

On the modules.x86.pc file, and it seems to compile
very well. But after all, i would like to know if the
error still remains?

It
> looks like that this is unix/support.h and size_t is
> not defined.  It
> may be that oskit expects something glibc-specific
> from the standard C
> headers found in FreeBSD.
>
> Regards
> --
> Ognyan Kulev <ogi@fmi.uni-sofia.bg>,
> "\"Programmer\""

Now i finally got compiled OSKit and gnumach, but when
i try to boot it comes uop:

"start hurd/ufs.static:hd1s1:no such a device or
address"

Could be this error caused by my unix library
problem???
I doubt it could be Grub(thats what im suing) cause i
can boot perfectly with a gnumach1.3 kernel (without
oskit), unless i should pass different parameters to
grub.

Im using the CVS OSKit, is it a good option???