Re: [Announce] dmd -0.5

From: Wolfgang Jaehrling
Subject: Re: [Announce] dmd -0.5
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:05:14 +0200

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 02:56:14PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> are you planning...
>  - to make it gnu software?

As soon as I am confident that dmd will end up being a very good piece
of software, I want to make it GNU software.

>  - to get it packaged for debian?

Sure, but I want it to be really well integrated, and doing that will
take me some time.

> i'm looking for a working init for GNU/FreeBSD [1]. do you think dmd
> might fit well?

No, since dmd is no `init'.  Without a seperate init you won't get
very far. :-)

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
"A good programming language should have features that make the kind
of people who use the phrase `software engineering' shake their heads