Can mount the Hurd partition, but not boot

From: Phil Reardon
Subject: Can mount the Hurd partition, but not boot
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:46:34 -0600

Hello:

I've been able to install the Hurd to hdb1using the debian K3 iso image, and can mount it with mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /mnt/hurd, but It does not want to boot. Here is an ls from the mount point:

bash-2.05b$ ls
bin doc games include libexec mnt sbin src var
boot  dpkg-hurd  home   info     lost+found  native-install  servers  tmp
dev   etc        hurd   lib      man         root            share    usr

Perhaps you can see something wrong with the automagic kernels part of my /boot/grub/menu.lst:

## ## End Default Options ##
title Libranet GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.20
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 root=/dev/hda1 ro hdd=scsi
savedefault
boot
title Libranet GNU/Linux, kernel 2.4.20 (single user mode)
root            (hd0,0)
kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20 root=/dev/hda1 ro hdd=scsi single
savedefault
boot
title GNU/Hurd K3
root            (hd1,0)
kernel          /boot/gnumach root=hd0s1
module          /boot/serverboot
savedefault
boot
### END DEBIAN AUTOMAGIC KERNELS LIST