Conflicting linux and GNU headerfiles in pfinet

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Conflicting linux and GNU headerfiles in pfinet
Date: 11 Jul 2003 20:29:54 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to get some extra ioctl support in pfinet (for
routing). The problem I'm having is that I need to include the
headerfile <net/route.h>. Sometimes I need the linux version (in the
linux code) and sometimes I need the glibc version (for mig generated
code and for some pfinet (Hurd) code.

>From net/route.h I need "struct rtentry". In net/route.h in the linux
header files this struct is not defined (it is defined in
linux/route.h). And in GNU/Hurd it is define in <net/route.h>.

My main problem is that net/route.h is included in hurd/ioctl_types.h,
and this file is included in iioctl.defs. Because of this mig includes
it in pfinet.

The only solution I can think of is including "struct rtentry" in
ioctl_types.h. Can someone please tell me if there is an alternative?

When I was reading <bits/ioctls.h> I found something else that
confuses me. The ioctl SIOCADDRT uses a "struct ortentry" here instead
of "struct rtentry" that is used in every other part of glibc and in
linux. Is this just something that needs to be changed in glibc or is
there a reason why it was called ortentry?

Thanks,
Marco