Re: console weirdness

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: console weirdness
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 22:16:57 +0200

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 08:55:51PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
> My question is: Is this behavior intended? (The display output
> depends on the VC that is viewed). If it is intended what is the use
> of this (other than irritate me :P) and how does it work?

It's downright impossible for the console clients to affect what is
displayed on the console.  Unless the notification code somehow affects the
input handling code, which I don't believe is the case (if it is, then that
would be an extremely weird bug).

You need to debug console-server if you believe it is showing different
behaviour depending on the clients attached.

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/