Re: remote debugging stubs (gdb problems)

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: remote debugging stubs (gdb problems)
Date: 09 Sep 2003 19:52:33 +0200

Greg Buchholz <sleepingsquirrel@sleepingsquirrel.org> writes:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Marco Gerards wrote:
>
> > > #boot -D/cdrom servers.boot /dev/hd2
> >
> > That's seems correct to me.  Using "-d" to pause seems a good idea
> > here.  (That's what I meant with the pause to attach).
>
>       Okay, when I attach to the boot process, I can set breakpoints
> fine, but when I continue, I get the following message (in gdb)...

Oh, you shouldn't attach to boot I think.  It is better to attach to
the process you want to debug.  I'm quite sure this is
iso9660fs.static.

When debugging you should notice that there are multiple threads and
you should put the breakpoint at the right place.  I think this is
somewhere in libdiskfs.  If you really can't find where to start
debugging, ask me.

> Can't wain for pid 174: No child processes.
>
> ...then when I hit enter to continue the paused "boot", gdb complains...
>
> Pid 174 died with unknown exit status using SIGKILL
> Program termintaed with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
> The program no longer exists.
>
> ...Does this indicate I'm doing something wrong?

I think this is a bug. :(

Thanks,
Marco