GNU-Hurd installation: extracting the base-system fails

From: Julien TIERNY
Subject: GNU-Hurd installation: extracting the base-system fails
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:29:04 +0000

Hi there,

        I don't know if I address that email to the right persons but I cannot
install the GNU-Hurd system distributed by Debian.

        The version of the Hurd available on that CD is the 3.0.24-gnu-K.
        The installation process fails giving me this as only explaination:
"extracting (...)/baseGNU.tgz failed with -1".

        What does it mean precisely ?
        Do other people encountered issues with that version of the
distribution ?
        What can I do except burning an earlier version of the CD-set ?

By advance thanks to all, julien