Re: hello

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: hello
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:37:19 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 09:02:56PM +0100, hymette@wanadoo.fr wrote:
> I have installed the Hurd recently and I have few questions:

Where did you install it from? Some tarball? crosshurd? CD-images?

> What is the difference between releases "sid" (mine) and "woody" ?

Woody is the current stable release of Debian. Debian GNU/Hurd is still
in Devlopment, so it is only avaiable in 'sid'. For the sake of Debian
GNU/Hurd, you do not need to worry about woody.

> Is it normal that dependency conflicts (with xlibs) impede the
> installation of Xfree86 ?

That depends on where you got your packages from. Do you have the
gnuab-source in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

> What is this:

> provocative athabascan sportswear elegiac
> visceral loaf dichondra algebra envelope clammy darlene perform
> oswald emphysema excusable documentary dint effluvium

Somebody said Spammers are using this to confuse bayesian filters.

Michael