Re: NIC problem

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: NIC problem
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:56:17 +0100

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 04:46:06PM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    I've got the same output for my 3c556 in my HP OmniBook 6000. The
>    vortex driver in Linux-2.0.x does not seem to support this one yet,
>    so somebody (you? me? :) will have to see whether it is possible to
>    backport a later version.
>
> Do you know when it was added to Linux 2.0.x?

Actually, it seems that the current driver in gnumach is newer even than
the latest one in 2.0.40rc8. It got updated by Thomas in 1999, but the
former download site is unavailable now.

The latest vortex driver seems to have changed quite a bit, it can be
found at ftp://ftp.scyld.com/pub/network/3c59x.c, I haven't looked
closely at intermediate version yet.

Michael