Re: Repeater for the console client

From: Rian Hunter
Subject: Re: Repeater for the console client
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:30:58 -0400

> Any feedback is appreciated.  I really hope other people might have
> other ideas to deal with this problem.  Otherwise please tell me if
> either solution #1 or solution #2 is acceptable so I can continue
> hacking.

Solution 2 definitly sounds more practical and Hurdish, hopefully the
console-client won't have to be modified too much. Is it not possible to
put all the changes in the pc-kbd driver without the console client
actually knowing?

I have another and possibly slower solution. Maybe external libtrivfs
translators can be set up in dev as kbd and mouse. The pc_kbd and
pc_mouse driver in the console-client simply write to those translators
to repeat the data. Since the keyboard and mouse are only input devices,
XFree would only read from those translators. This way the
console-client doesn't have to have any libtrivfs code (or
modifications) and you can have as many repeaters as you want. Does that
sound feasible? or does it conflict with the way things are?

hth
-rian