Re: Repeater for the console client

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Repeater for the console client
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:34:23 +0200

Marcus Brinkmann <marcus.brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

>> Other that that, I just like having everything in a single directory
>> like /dev/console which is entirely virtual.
>
> As I said, I think you can use trivfs to that effect.

I did not know that is possible in a sane way.  But if I remember
correctly you once told me the same on IRC because you thought you
have used trivfs for the console server.  Is it possible you are
confused by that?

Anyway, I will have a look at libtrivfs to see if that is possible
somehow, but from what I can remember it is not.

>> So I would prefer using libnetfs.  What would you like to see (and of
>> course, accept)?
>
> It's no big deal.  Whatever makes you feel comfy.  Using libtrivfs for
> anything more complicated than a single file node is usually a bit
> awkward, file netfs seems to evolve into a more generic approach, so
> use it if you feel like that.

Ok.  I will see what is more comfortable in this situation.

Thanks,
Marco