Re: passive translator timeout

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: passive translator timeout
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:54:11 +0200 (CEST)

   Is there a way to set a translator to "time-out" or unload itself
   when not in use?  For example, I have the following translator:
   settrans /cdrom /hurd/iso9660fs /dev/hd2 it won't start up until i
   do cd /cdrom

Because you made /cdrom a passive translator (settrans sets a passive
translator on the node by default), they don't start until you access
them.  Pass the -a flag to settrans if you want to have a active
translator from the start.

As for time-outs, don't remeber how you set them.  It is probobly
possible...

   is there an easy way to allow me to eject a cdrom when not in use
   and retain the passive translator?

settrans -ag /cdrom

Should do the trick.