Re: 24 lines terminal

From: David Gascón
Subject: Re: 24 lines terminal
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 16:42:44 +0200

Marco Gerards wrote:

David Gascón <483969@unizar.es> writes:

When I start Hurd ; the terminal comes with a 24 lines configuration;
I would like to change this value.
I know that I can use the command "terminal --lines=xx" in my GRUB
menu.lst file; but It just works with other boots such as Debian ones.

How does this --lines feature work?  What did you do and what did you
expect to happen?

Are you using the Hurd console or the GNU Mach console?  You can test
this using the command:

$ echo $TERM

Currently most people use the Hurd console.  Better try that.

--
Marco

# echo $TERM
mach-console

how can I change it?

What I want when I put in GRUB menu.lst: "terminal --lines=xx" is the text which appears on the screem to be displayed in xx lines; so I would like to reduce the size of the letters on the screen.
When I use others SO, such as Debian,  It works!

any ideas??