Re: 24 lines terminal

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: 24 lines terminal
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 17:46:23 +0200

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 04:56:50PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    Jeff want to build a new packages after he uploaded the glibc
>    package.
>
> Sorry, that doesn't answer the question.  When will this be done?
> Today? A week? A month? A year? A century?

I tried to build glibc last week, but it fails on a gzip operation
because of the linkref bug. As downgrading coreutils helped for the
related ls -l display problem, I might try again with an older gzip in
the next couple of days.

If that does not work, we will probably have to wait until Debian
releases Sarge and glibc gets updated to current CVS in unstable.
Or somebody tracks down the bug and submits a patch to Jeff. I'm not
sure it will still be able to get into the current version, glibc being
frozen in Debian an all.

So unfortunately, there is no clear ETA :(

Michael