Re: eth0 not detected?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: eth0 not detected?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:57:28 +0200

   I take a walk over to /dev/ and see that there is no eth0 in my
   directory.  I run ./MAKEDEV eth0 and get:
      ./MAKEDEV: eth0: Unknown device name

No need for such things on GNU/Hurd

   So am I shot down, or is there something I should be doing to get eth0
   recognized?  The card (I'm not sure of the kind right now) works fine and
   is autodetected in linux.

What kind of card is it?  Have you checked /dev/klog (you can only
read it once, so cat it to a file and hit ^C after 2-3 sec)?