Re: eth0 not detected?

From: blythe2
Subject: Re: eth0 not detected?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 21:50:06 -0400 (EDT)

>    Wow, thanks for the personal help!
>
> I do that when I'm bored and waiting for things...
>
>    Unfortuanatly the site you provided doesn't have the file gnumach
> (.gz, I assume?).
>
> Whops, sorry.  The file is called "kernel".
>
> www.update.uu.se/~ams/home/src/gnumach--gnumach-1-branch.obj/kernel
>
> Just copy it into /boot where you have your old GNU Mach, and
> add/update your menu.lst to use it.  Then you should be all set.

Okay, eth0 is now recongized, and I set up resolv.conf and hosts.  I had
to use the "DHCP workaround" to get resolv.conf, but it's in.  After
setting up the translator, I go to ping someone (like ping alpha.gnu.org)
and I get no reply.  It seems to figure out domain names (ie I do ping
www.google.com and it spits back PING www.google.akadns.net
(64.233.161.99)), but after that it just hangs.  When I kill it with
Ctrl-C it lets me know that it got no reply.  I'm not sure what else I
should test to see where the problem is (networking is NOT my specialty!).