Re: eth0 not detected?

From: blythe2
Subject: Re: eth0 not detected?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:35:02 -0400 (EDT)

YAY!  I feel so clever!  So just for kicks I tried updating my package
lists with dselect and what do you know, it worked!  So I'm not sure why
the pings weren't doing anything, maybe something to do with the college
I'm at's firewall?  I wouldn't know.  But I do know that things seem to be
moving!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.  Could you explain what you
meant by patching the kernel (not what you meant, but more along the lines
of how) so for future updates I can just patch my NIC in and not have to
worry about it?

Okay, I'll stop bothering you for tonight :)  Thanks again!