Re: compile local-mig

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: compile local-mig
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 19:59:05 +0000

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@kemisten.nu> writes:

>    I have no idea what a local-mig is.  But I do know a normal mig
>    works perfectly here.
>
> A local-mig is a mig that runs on one platform, and produces code for
> another.  In other words, a cross-MiG.  A normal mig would be one that
> runs on the same platform that it produces code for; so if you are
> crosscompiling, then your not using a normal mig. :-)

But how can mig generate code for another platform?  It just generates
C code.  If you normally compile MiG on GNU/Linux it produces the same
code as MiG running on GNU/Hurd, AFAIK.  Anyway, I never experienced
problems with it.

So what I am basically saying is that it all seems the same to me...

--
Marco