/dev/kbd ..."not a device file..."

From: sigbj-st
Subject: /dev/kbd ..."not a device file..."
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:21:44 +0100 (CET)

I tried to run a GUI on hurd K7.
Used the update/install.sh and install/gui.sh on the CD1.
When trying the STARTX the machine is freezing at .."cannot open keyboard...no
such file"
I am not able to create a kbd-devicefile in /dev with ./MAKEDEV kbd; it will
not accept it as device-file.
I am told by the instruction that such a device should be created during the
preparation for GUI.
I might be doing a mistake or insuffiency during this process,and wonder which.

(I also noted that this K7 will not accept a linux swap,but that is another
question and not so important,in as much this just has to be redone.)

I have tried to go through the necessary steps to achieve GUI and I feel I am
close to make it.

Has anybody any idea here as to the bespoken devicefile,or do anybody recognise
a common beginners mistake here?

sigbj-st