Re: hurd boot failed - please read this

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: hurd boot failed - please read this
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:34:45 +0100

   >    --host-priv-port=${host-port}
   >    --device-master-port=${device-port}
   >    --exec-server-task=${exec-task} -T typed ${root}
   >    $(task-create) $(task-resume)
   >
   > One line I hope, right?

   Today morning, I struggled with this for close to half an hour and
   then figured out that I used '{' instead of '('.. Did not notice
   the difference. What is the difference any wayz?

The line the OP quoted was correct, if it is indeed on one line.

As for the difference between ${...} and $(...), see
gnumach/kern/boot_script.c.