hurd installation

From: ANIL C JOHN
Subject: hurd installation
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:32:20 +0500 (IST)

dear hackers,

i've now understood that the problem is with my system
and not with the CD. I did "rescue root=/dev/hdb3" when booted from CD
to boot from that partition, it also stalled after booting for a while,
and found the following messages before stall:(by the way hurd is
installed in partition /dev/hdb3 and mount on /gnu) "Partition
Check hdb: hdb1 hdb2 hdb3 apm: BIOS not
found VFS: mount root (ext2 filesystem) readonly Freeing unused kernel
memory: 72k freed Warning: unable to open an initial
is it showing that BIOS not found?, is it because it is /dev/hdb1 (on C:
fat32)? Is it the reason why hurd is NOT booting? And why is it
showing "unable to open an initial console", and after that why does
execution stop? Can you help me, the problem is with my system for
sure, but my question is: 1. Is it the problem with BIOS 2. I've not
created a swap partition for HURD as i am assuming it'll use linux swap
partition, because it was so said in the documents. 3. any other
reason??? please reply....... regards, anil c john