Re: patch for xchat to compile on the Hurd

From: Michael Banck
Subject: Re: patch for xchat to compile on the Hurd
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:37:30 +0100

(Why did you reply to the xchat thread? Please open up a new thread with
a meaningful subject next time)

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 09:05:52PM +0100, jls wrote:
> After having installed the base system, the next problem occured:
> the console cannot fine die drivers vga etc. altough there are files in
> /gnu/lib/hurd/console/ :

> generic_speaker.so.0.3  pc_kbd.so.0.3    vga.so.0.3
> ncursesw.so.0.3         pc_mouse.so.0.3

Those should just be in /lib/hurd/console and be found automatically. If
you have them in /gnu/lib/hurd/console, something went wrong. How did
you install (Debian?) GNU/Hurd? Did you try to reinstall the hurd
package (if you are using Debian GNU/Hurd)

> how do I tell the console program where they are?

It should just work[tm].

Michael

--
<p2-mate> evince ?