GnuHurd

From: DANIEL hoggan
Subject: GnuHurd
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 02:01:58 +0000

I would like to build my own OS based upon Gnome. To do this I would like to utilise the GnuMach Kernel, the Hurd Daemons, and BSD code, ie for the File system. It was actually just going to utilise the Microkernel and Implement Gnome's libs on top of that, the libs would have been integrated into actual Device drivers to do the jobs required of them and they would make all calls through the GNUMach kernel, in short creating a very simple Exokernel Design, which I still want to do.

The question that I need answered is this: Where can I find GNUs' File system for the Hurd, and would utilising libs be the same as the Hurds' daemon architechture? If not then could I implement my libs in the same way as the Hurds' daemons and how would I go about doing this?

Winks & nudges are here - download MSN Messenger 7.0 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk