Re: [address@hidden: Re: spam]

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: [address@hidden: Re: spam]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:20:07 -0400

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:00:46PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
> What do people think about the following to reduce spam on bug-hurd
> and help-hurd?

Yes, that's definitively a sound approach that is working very well for
other lists.
Shouldn't commit-hurd, l4-hurd and web-hurd also be filtered?  I don't
know--I have a nearly perfectly working filter.  Why is posting to
commit-hurd allowed, at all?

> might shut some people up that have been
> voicing their opinion about spam to bug-hurd/help-hurd.

Indeed, I've heard several people stating that they're not subscribed to
the Hurd's mailing lists because of the low signal to noise ratio
(regarding spam that is, not the re-posting of patches all the time...).

I second that Alfred should take care that these measures get
implemented.  I'd volunteer to help reviewing the messages that need to
be reviewed manually.

Below, I re-quoted the proposal, if someone wants to re-view it again.

Regards,
 Thomas