Re: Unstability

From: Thomas Schlesinger
Subject: Re: Unstability
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:20:56 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 22. Februar 2006 10:46 schrieb German Fabregat:
> Dear all.
>
>       I have the HURD installed and working -more or less- for a couple of
> weeks. In addition to some other minor problems -Xwindow does not work,
> DHCP still not configured...

Germán,

if you use the Debian distribution, you should add this line to
your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
deb http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/debian-hurd ./

Then do an apt-get update and an "apt-get install xserver-xorg" to get a
usable xorg-server. Also, read
http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install.en.html , section 8.5, for
configuration informations.

And it's known, that the Hurd tends to be unstable, but the Hurd and
GNUMach-guys are heavily working on stability issues. For interactive help,
you should join the IRC channel #hug .

Thomas