Re: kernel debugger

From: Harley D. Eades III
Subject: Re: kernel debugger
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:00:33 -0600

On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 18:10 +0300, Constantine Kousoulos wrote:
> O/H Harley D. Eades III έγραψε:
> > Well rooting out the problem is most desirable.  I would start with a full
> > backtrace
> > then move on from there.
>
> Uuuummm... What do you mean with 'full backtrace'?
>
> Kernel debugging is not my best area of expertise (i'm eager to learn
> though). :)
A back trace is a list of all the functions in the path of execution
that lead you to the current place -- the place where you crashed and
the debugger was invoked.  You can get an idea of where in the
application you are.  I am not familier with the kernel debugger
commands so you might want to read this
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/gnumach-doc/mach_11.html and get
familier with it.

Cheers