Hurd: installation: network and console

From: Claudio
Subject: Hurd: installation: network and console
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:52:04 +1000

Hi,

I've decided to spend some time playing with GNU / Hurd...
I've installed the debian distribution, but I couldn't  do so much because:

  1. The network doesn't work. I've configurated properly pfinet and in fact I can ping the other IP in the network (class 192.168.0.0). I've added some dns in the /etc/resolv.conf  file, but it is impossible to go out. ping somewhere else in the Inet it's impossible. Any idea?
  2. I've tried to add console -d vga .... in the /etc/profile, but
      1. after logging in the screen is plenty  of  random characters ->restart and change the file through linux. Why this?
      2. Now if I do that in the console -> black screen and that's it. Why?

If you could give me some ideas would be really great...

tnx

claudio